For Training Availability and SchedulePlease call (304) 757-5204
Safety and Training
Pinnacle Environmental Consultants, Inc. has a State of West Virginia licensed training facility to meet all your asbestos related concerns. Not only do we use the most current training literature available, but we also provide excellent hands on initial training with state of the art equipment utilized by the industry.
EPA requires that firms performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, child care facilities and schools be certified by EPA and that they use certified renovators who are training by EPA-approved training providers to follow lead-safe work practices. Individuals can become certified renovators by taking an eight-hour (8) training course by our EPA-approved training provider.
The staff of trainers at Pinnacle Environmental are experienced individuals who participate and maintain certifications in the same courses that are offered to our clientele. The training personnel also stay current on the most recent regulations the asbestos industry maintains.
The educations and experience of our employees allows Pinnacle to provide the highest quality service. Our personnel are trained and certified by the EPA, OSHA, and NIOSH, as well as being licensed by the various states in which we work. The personnel at Pinnacle strive to stay informed of the latest technology and regulations by attending courses and seminars. At Pinnacle, we know we are only as good as our employees; therefore, we fully support our employees desire to further their education.
Pinnacle’s safety consulting services fall into three distinct categories:
In addition to the lists below, we can develop specialized training for your facility or construction worksite.
OSHA Compliance Audits
The OSHA compliance audit is a systematic evaluation of safety conditions at a facility or construction worksite. The objective of this audit is to point out unsafe conditions, equipment and work practices. The primary steps include:
- Pre-audit of data describing facilities or worksite operations.
- Review of existing safety, health and environmental records.
- Perform a visual audit of the facility or construction worksite, equipment, and processes to identify areas that may need to be upgraded to comply with the various standards.
- Interview the appropriate management, supervisory and hourly employees to clarify questions on operation.
- Preparation of a summary report.
Specific inspections dealing with site-specific exposures in a given work area or section of a facility are sometimes all that is needed and could be performed versus a comprehensive review of all safety, health and environmental exposures of an entire facility or multiple facilities.
Our staff can assist in developing an internal audit system that can be administered by our client personnel.
Safety Program Development
No two safety programs will be alike, because no two operations are exactly alike. Programs must be developed from a study of your worksite hazards, your perceptions of likely problems and emergencies, and the types and varieties of tasks in your workplace.
We are yet to find “canned” programs that will deliver the required long-term results. Our staff can develop programs specific to your needs to assist you in working toward a zero-accident status.
It is not always feasible to remove the hazard, or to effectively guard against it. Therefore, it is important to train the personnel to recognize and safely protect against the hazard. In addition, OSHA requires that each employer provide safety and health information and instruction to its employees on a wide variety of topics.
Our experienced staff of instructors can identify your training needs, develop your training program, and conduct the training. Below are just a few of the many topics for which Pinnacle can develop programs and provide training for our clients.
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour Outreach Training for General Industry and Construction Industry
- Loss Control Supervisor Training
- Hazard Communication
- Fall Protection
- Certified Asbestos Worker Training
- Asbestos O&M Worker Training
- Asbestos & Lead Awareness
Training Class Cost List – Initial Classes
- Worker Initial: 4-day $435.00 per person
- Inspector Initial: 3-day $375.00 per person
- Management Planner Initial: 2-day $315.00 per person
- Contractor/Supervisor Initial: 5-day $470.00 per person
- Project Designer Initial: 3-day $375.00 per person
- Air Clearance Monitor Initial: 2-day $295.00 per person
- RRP-Lead: 1-day $250.00 per person
- Lead Supervisor: 4-day $575.00 per person
Training Class Cost List – Refresher Classes
- Worker Refresher: 1-day $125.00 per person
- Inspector Refresher: 1/2-day $90.00 per person
- Management Planner Refresher: 1/2-day $90.00 per person
- Contractor/Supervisor Refresher: 1-day $125.00 per person
- Project Designer Refresher: 1-day $135.00 per person
- Air Clearance Monitor Refresher: 1/2-day $115.00 per person
- Two Hour Asbestos Awareness: $45.00 per person
- Two Hour Lead Awareness: $45.00 per person
Price is for training performed at Pinnacle Training Facility in Hurricane, West Virginia. Please call (304) 757-5204 for training availability and pricing at your location.
Each class requires a minimum of 4 people to be scheduled.
Cancellation must be made at least 24 hours prior to a class. A fee of one day will be enforced for no call no show for all initial courses. A fee of half price will be enforced for all refresher courses no call no shows.